This person needs to be extremely easy going, self motivated, extremely trustworthy, and have an extreme love for the health and well-being of all animals. Must be able to work weekend/holiday.
Must be comfortable handling all dog breeds in large group and sizes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Clean kennels & cages
- Feeding, walking, bathing, and monitoring & care for the well being of dogs/cats
- Doing laundry
- Play with the pets in daycare
- Cleaning, maintaining and sanitizing all pet enclosures, exercise yards, and common areas.
- Walk dogs on leash to and from any fenced exercise area. Ensure that they are restrained and under control at all times in kennel area.
- Continuously monitor & maintain accurate kennel records on the chart that include, special diets and requirements, your observations of behavior and status of pet, and treatments or medications administered. Pay particular attention to signs of distress, illness or injury.
- Assist office assistant in daily operating activities.
- Inform manager and/or owner of anything out of the ordinary.